Game manuals contain game descriptions and scoring, robot rules, and tournament rules. Game manuals are updated throughout the game season. Monitor the VIQRC Full Volume Forum and the Official Full Volume Q&A (opens on May 16, 2023) to see updates as they're released.
VEX IQ Robotics Competition Full Volume is played on a 6’ x 8’ rectangular field configured as seen below. Two robots compete in the Teamwork Challenge as an alliance in 60 second long teamwork matches, working collaboratively to score points.Teams also compete in the Robot Skills Challenge where one robot takes the field to score as many points as possible. These matches consist of Driving Skills Matches, which will be entirely driver controlled, and Autonomous Coding Skills Matches, which will be autonomous with limited human interaction.
The scoring objects in VEX IQ Robotics Competition Full Volume various sized Blocks. There are a total of (73) Blocks on the field. 42 Blocks begin on the field in predetermined locations. The remaining 31 Blocks begin in the Supply Zone, where they will be randomly placed before each Match. Red Blocks begin on top of Starting Pegs.
The object of the game is to score as many points as possible with your alliance partner by scoring Blocks in Goals. Based on the contents of the Goal at the end of the Match, Alliances can also receive a Uniform Bonus and/or Height Bonus.
At the end of the Match, Robots can attempt to Park in the Supply Zone for additional points.
- 1 point - Each Block Scored in a Goal
- 10 points - Each Uniform Goal
- 10 points per Fill Level - Height Bonus
- 20 points - Cleared Supply Zone
- 5 points - Each Red Block Removed from Starting Peg
- 5 points - Each Partially Parked Robot
- 10 points - Each Fully Parked Robot
- 10 points - Double Parked Bonus
Downloads & Links
- Full Volume Game Manual
- Full Volume One-Page Description - coming soon!
- Full Volume Q&A
- Full Volume Head Referee Training Course
- Full Volume Drive Team Training Course
- Full Volume Robot Inspection Checklist
- Full Volume Field CAD (STEP)
- Full Volume Field Assembly Instructions - Animated
- Full Volume Field Assembly Instructions - PDF
- Full Volume Legal Parts Appendix
- Full Volume Illegal Parts Appendix
- Hero Robot for Full Volume (requires the IQ 2nd generation Competition Kit)
- 3D build instructions, part 1
- 3D build instructions, part 2
- PDF build instructions
- Hero Bot video introduction, part 1
- Hero Bot video introduction, part 2
- Drive control code for Full Volume hero bot
- VIQRC Full Volume STEM Labs for educators
- Differences between the IQ 1st and 2nd generation kits
- Order info to add the new structural components of the VEX IQ Competition Kit (2nd generation) to a VEX IQ Competition Kit (1st generation)
- Order info to upgrade a VEX IQ Education Kit (2nd generation) to a VEX IQ Competition Kit (2nd generation)