VEX IQ Challenge Squared Away is played on a 4’x8’ rectangular field configured as seen above. Two robots compete in the Teamwork Challenge as an alliance in 60 second long teamwork matches, working collaboratively to score points.
Teams also compete in the Robot Skills Challenge where one robot takes the field to score as many points as possible. These matches consist of Driving Skills Matches, which will be entirely driver controlled, and Programming Skills Matches, which will be autonomous with limited human interaction.
The scoring objects in VEX IQ Challenge Squared Away are 3” diameter Balls and 7” Cubes. There are a total of (35) Balls and (7) Cubes on the field. The object of the game is to score as many points as possible with your alliance partner in one of two ways: by scoring Balls in or on Cubes, and by moving Cubes to their respective Scoring Zones.
|Each Ball scored inside Cube||1 point|
|Each Ball scored on top of a Cube||2 points|
|Each Red or Blue Cube placed in its Scoring Zone||10 points|
Each Green Cube scored on a Platform
- Squared Away Game Manual
- Squared Away Field Appendix
- Squared Away Field CAD (STEP)
- Squared Away Field Assembly Instructions (Zip File)
- Squared Away One Page Description
- Squared Away Legal Parts Appendix
- Squared Away Illegal Parts Appendix
- Squared Away Game Manual (Spanish Translation)
- Squared Away Game Manual (Arabic Translation)